Why are London trees being tagged with the message ‘Please don’t burn me!’? Find out more at Stop Burning Our Trees…
We found a Facebook page that supports the ‘Stop Burning Our Trees’ campaign and it has some good photographs of all the activity that’s been going on this week in London.
It looks like the giant Jenga went down well in Victoria Station. It certainly looks more fun than taking the wood straight to a power station to burn – hope nobody was late for their train because of it!
- Mysterious tree labels and who’s behind them…
- Strange labels on trees appearing in London…
- Sunday’s Guardian: Biomass schemes will boost destructive timber imports, claims wood industry
- Chaotic UK biomass demand in danger of fuelling landgrab in developing countries
- New book claims to expose the crippling cost of climate change policy
- Think-tank predicts green energy policies will destroy tens of thousands of British jobs
- Recycling companies keen to cash in on biomass energy boom slash gate fees
- Wood panel prices sent soaring by carbon subsidy – Construction Enquirer
- Annual General Meeting of the Wood Panel Industry APPG – July 5